Introba congratulates the LaGuardia Terminal B project team for being awarded the 2023 Skytrax Award for World's Best New Airport Terminal.
About Skytrax Awards
The World Airline Awards began in 1999, when Skytrax launched its first global, annual airline customer satisfaction survey. It is not restricted to member airlines or a pre-selected choice of airline, and any airline in the world can be nominated. Using a global passenger satisfaction survey over 100 customer nationalities participated in the survey.
Travellers across the globe take part each year in the world’s largest airline passenger satisfaction survey to decide the winners. There are no survey entry fees, no payment to attend the awards event, and no charges for any use of the award logos and results by winning airlines.
About LaGuardia Terminal B
The new $4 Billion USD Central Terminal Building at LaGuardia Airport is a 1.4+ million ft² facility capable of handling 14+ million passengers annually. The new facility features thirty-five aircraft gate positions and new baggage handling and checked baggage inspection system serving eight airline carriers. The design features two new concourses connected to the main terminal headhouse by dual pedestrian bridges spanning the aircraft ramp area.
Introba was proud to support LaGuardia Gateway Partners by providing MEP reviews and commissioning guidance while also working with HOK and the design team to provide all planning and design engineering for the baggage handling systems. Additional contractual responsibilities include bid support and construction administration services encompassing site installation, integration, testing, and acquisition oversight for the baggage handling and security screening systems to support a phased construction plan.
Other Award-Winning Airports
Additionally, the following Introba aviation projects won 2023 Skytrax Awards:
- Bogotá: Best Airport in South America
- Doha Hamad: World's Best Airport Shopping, Best Airport in the Middle East, and The Cleanest Airport in the Middle East
- Gold Coast: Best Regional Airport in Australia & Pacific and The Cleanest Airport in Australia & Pacific
- Melbourne: Best Airport in Australia & Pacific and Best Airport Staff in Australia & Pacific
- Quito: Best Regional Airport in South America, Best Airport Staff in South America, and The Cleanest Airport in South America
- Seattle-Tacoma: Best Airport in North America
- Vancouver: The Cleanest Airport in North America
Congratulations to all the winners of this year's Skytrax Awards. Click here to read about all the 2023 recipients.
Jul 20, 2023Awards & Recognitions
Feb 5, 2023Awards & RecognitionsCompany News
Jan 31, 2023Company NewsPress ReleasesAwards & Recognitions