At the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center in Houston, Texas, we provided medical equipment planning services.
We provide medical equipment planning, procurement, and installation services for the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center for inpatient and outpatient services. All projects required coordination of clinical specialties for reuse, relocation, and new equipment. We worked with a range of A/E teams for planning services and direct contracts with MDA. This included all procurement, installation, transition planning, warehousing, and move-related services.
The following highlights the relocation and expansion of services for community locations around Houston. Each center was prototyped for similar equipment and services with different site adaptations. Our team took inventory of existing MOB sites (5 buildings total) as well as managed the installation of new major equipment for radiation, imaging, lab, pharmacy, and other equipment for supplementing the medical/surgical clinic programs. MDA is highly standardized, and procurement was aggregated across the sites for potential contracting and bidding opportunities.
Featured projects include:
- West Houston Imaging Center – Opened 2013
- League City 180,000 ft² – Opened 2018
- West Houston 200,000 ft² – Opened 2019
- Woodlands 170,000 ft² – Opened 2019
- Life Sciences Pavilion - Opening 2022
- MD Anderson Proton Therapy Center Expansion - Opening 2025
- MD Anderson Alkek Tower Expansions & Renovations - Ongoing (Work Started in 2013)
Photo Credit: JHVEPhoto